Come Work Where Teachers Love Teaching
Small class sizes, supportive parents, a part-time school week and the flexibility to bring their unique ideas and talents to the classroom—these are just a few of the reasons our teachers love teaching at AHB.
Lower Elementary Teacher | 2023-24 School Year
AHB Community School (http://www.ahbcs.org), an independent, progressive K-8 school in Austin, TX, is looking for a passionate and dedicated educator to co-teach in a mixed-age kinder & 1st grade classroom.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field, classroom teaching or related experience.
- Preferred: Master’s degree, current teacher’s license (or equivalent); 3+ years of classroom teaching or related experience, experience in progressive education school settings.
- Design and implement quality instruction that encourages students to be actively engaged in the learning process. Our integrated, thematic curriculum model values hands-on learning and creative problem solving.
- Create and maintain a positive classroom environment with a high regard for social-emotional learning that ensures growth and engagement for all students.
- Differentiate instruction and employ a variety of progressive teaching methods to ensure optimal learning for all students and meet the needs of students with a variety of learning styles and skill levels.
- Collaborate with the co-teacher to plan integrated &/or interdisciplinary units that support the instructional objectives of all curricular areas.
- Collaborate and communicate with students, parents, colleagues, and administrators to promote student success, support the home to school connection, and foster positive community relationships.
- Use AHB curriculum guidelines and assessment models to guide curriculum and instructional decisions; maintain accurate, up-to-date records and communicate results to students, parents, and appropriate others in a timely manner with regard to student progress and performance.
- Perform professional duties efficiently, manage resources effectively, and meet deadlines set by the school.
What You’ll Love
AHB has been a saving grace for me, professionally, and I am entirely lucky to have landed here. Thank you for helping me feel so celebrated.